Tuesday, August 12, 2008

24 Hr VeloVulture

Howdy there boys and girls! Well, it's now Tuesday and I feel as if I've recovered enough to make my fingers do the talking about my crazy adventure this weekend. Pics to come soon, but I think I've got it straight enough to give a little recap, so let's get down to it. Velo Vulture is a 24 hour scavenger hunt here in Portland that is the brain child of long timer Damion. This guy knows the city so goddamn well it's not even funny. So the lowdown is this: Two person teams show up at 3:30 Saturday afternoon throw the nice ladies $35 and wait. For the 4:00 start... That comes late. We get 12 pieces of paper to bind for various rubbings of plaques and other odd things and then it's time to line up and get a wrist band and the initials of our team name (Broken AeroSpoke) on our hand. Then it is time to get the manifest. 140 ish stops. Mostly of places and things my partner (Nate Blades) and myself have never heard of seeing as we've lived in Portland for a collective year and a month. Even the locals we muttering "where in the f___ is this?" and then it's off to make it to a 5:00 deadline. It's now 4:50. I'm just going to put this out there right now. The Cervelo was the choice of steed for all of this. 24hrs of riding fixed sounds... Not fun. Although it must be noted that 1/2 of the winning team (Kills Hipsters) Matt Case did do just that. This will come in to play later on. Oh, it's rich, too! Seeing as I'm now late for work, I'm going to sign off for now. Tune in later for what will hopefully prove to be a complete recap of the race. And maybe some pics. C39 (PDX)

No comments: