Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Andrew Bird whistles well...

I was rolling around downtown today when my wife called me. "Andrew Bird is coming to town!" Exciting news as he makes super good music with a variety of cool and weird instruments. I checked his myspace to see if the tour was posted and sure enough; he'll be here on July 21st with Josh Ritter. Andrew's music is haunting and pretty and odd and addictive. The video is an interview done while riding bikes around L.A. The guy points out that Andrew whistles really well (duh, his last name is BIRD!) and he attributes it to creating a "cavity in your mouth". Nice wordplay. Go buy his records and go see him live, you will not be disappointed.P77

2 comments:

A23 said...

I booked a couple of Bowl of Fire shows way back in the Squirrel Nut Zippers days. Andrew Bird is a great player and a super nice guy. Go see him.

P77 said...

Squirrel Nut.. blast from the past.
Yeah, my brother sent me his last record which I've been playing in heavy rotation ever since.Good sheet, meng.